- Dale Earnhardt’s NASCAR ruin in 2001, left, and Ryan Newman’s ruin on Monday.
- Reuters Photographer/Peter Casey-USA TODAY Sports activities
- The NASCAR motive force Ryan Newman used to be hospitalized and in “critical situation” following a devastating ruin throughout the ultimate lap of the Daytona 500 on Monday evening.
- The 42-year-old motive force spun out at 190 mph prior to his automobile flipped and landed on its roof.
- The cases surrounding the crash had been eerily paying homage to the Daytona 500 ruin that killed the NASCAR legend Dale Earnhardt in 2001.
- Many credited the protection adjustments triggered by means of Earnhardt’s dying with saving Newman’s lifestyles 19 years later.
- Talk over with Industry Insider’s homepage for extra tales.
The NASCAR motive force Ryan Newman used to be hospitalized and in “critical situation” following a devastating ruin throughout the general lap of the Daytona 500 on Monday evening during which his automobile spun out at 190 mph, flipped, and landed on its roof.
The scene reminded racing enthusiasts of a in a similar way horrifying crash chargeable for a NASCAR legend’s premature dying 19 years previous on the similar race.
On February 18, 2001, Dale Earnhardt used to be killed in a crash throughout the final lap of the 43rd Daytona 500. Ken Schrader collided with the passenger aspect of Earnhardt’s black No. three Chevrolet and despatched “The Intimidator” into the wall.
Earnhardt used to be transported to the health facility and pronounced useless from head accidents. The tragedy triggered NASCAR officers to tighten protection rules.
NASCAR introduced on Monday evening that Newman used to be anticipated to live to tell the tale the ruin. And whilst the racing corporate has no longer launched main points in regards to the extent of the 42-year-old motive force’s accidents or precisely how he sustained them, many enthusiasts have speculated that the extra stringent protection laws after Earnhardt’s dying had been accountable for saving Newman’s lifestyles.
Upload Ryan Newman to the never-ending names of drivers who Dale Earnhardt stored. The Intimidator kicked ass at the observe however one may just argue his biggest legacy is the protection improvements that came to visit as a result of his tragic dying. (Picture by means of USA Nowadays Sports activities) percent.twitter.com/eUuT9c0UQJ
— Chris Williams (@ChrisMWilliams) February 18, 2020
Numerous issues and other folks stored Ryan Newman this night.
One is the person who died 19 years in the past the following day. The advances in protection made since Dale Earnhardt’s dying had been profound. percent.twitter.com/5hrCtwt2bf
— Hank “Very felony and superb” Epton (@HankEpton) February 18, 2020
Dale Earnhardt died 19 years in the past lately however he stored Ryan Newman final evening and plenty of different drivers since 2001.
That is what he will have to be remembered maximum for. percent.twitter.com/Pa826owfSS
— Nick Kohan&industry; (@twuntywun21) February 18, 2020
As a result of the protection adjustments made once we misplaced Dale 19 years in the past lately, Ryan Newman will live to tell the tale the worst crash ever lately. Pray we now have extra excellent information about Ryan the following day, as his accidents are critical. ???? #RyanJNewman #DaleEarnhardt percent.twitter.com/Aj8lBDXwMk
— Blake Reigle (@Blitzkreigle) February 18, 2020
As a result of the protection adjustments made once we misplaced Dale 19 years in the past lately, Ryan Newman will live to tell the tale the worst crash ever lately. Pray we now have extra excellent information about Ryan the following day, as his accidents are critical. ???? #RyanJNewman #DaleEarnhardt percent.twitter.com/68tjuZWtKB
— David Thunder Cummings (@davidthundercum) February 18, 2020
Arguably essentially the most important exchange NASCAR made within the wake of Earnhardt’s dying used to be imposing “head and neck toughen” units in each and every automobile.
The equipment, which changed into obligatory 8 months after Earnhardt’s deadly crash, is “a carbon-fiber and Kevlar collar with two tethers that connect with the motive force’s helmet,” designed to protected the motive force’s head and save you it from transferring independently in their frame, consistent with In style Mechanics.
NASCAR’s most sensible sequence has no longer observed a crash-related dying since mandating the usage of the software – and given the drive of Monday’s coincidence, it’s imaginable it helped save Newman’s lifestyles.
As is commonplace after a major coincidence, NASCAR took Newman’s and his fellow motive force Corey LaJoie’s vehicles to its Analysis and Building Middle to inspect them, consistent with Fox 46’s Brett Baldeck.
In its replace on Newman’s situation on Monday evening, NASCAR stated he used to be at Halifax Well being Clinical Middle in Florida with accidents that had been “no longer lifestyles threatening.”
- Learn extra:
- The motive force who collided with Ryan Newman within the horrific Daytona 500 crash came upon on digital camera that Newman have been taken to the health facility
- Ryan Newman’s spouse – whom he cut up from five days in the past – tweeted that she used to be ‘praying for a secure race’ simply hours prior to his Daytona 500 crash
- Footage display how Ryan Newman’s devastating, fiery 190 mph crash on the Daytona 500 spread out
- NASCAR motive force Ryan Newman is in critical situation after his automobile spun out, hit a wall, and flipped into the air on the Daytona 500